Get ready to look fierce from every angle in your favorite leggings this fall. These four simple moves help lift, shape, and define every muscle below your waist, while also challenging your core.
How it works: Up to four days per week, do 1 set of each exercise back to back, with no rest between moves. Repeat the full circuit 3 times total, resting 30 to 60 seconds between rounds.
You will need: Bench
- AStand to the side of step, with left foot on top of step. Lower into a squat, reaching both arms straight out in front of chest.
- BRise up out of squat, and as legs extend, shift weight into left leg and stand up on top of step, bending right knee and curling heel behind body as you tighten abs, squeeze inner thighs together, and bend elbows behind torso. Step back to the starting position and repeat. Complete all reps on the first side, then switch legs and repeat to complete the set.
- ABegin in a split stance with right foot on top of a box or step. Lower into a lunge, bending back knee directly under hip, as both arms extend overhead.
- BShift weight into right leg and stand up onto step, extending left (back) leg straight behind hip as arms lower by sides (avoid leaning forward with torso as leg lifts). Hold for 1 count, then lower to return to the starting position. Complete all reps on the first side, then switch legs and repeat to complete the set.
- ALie faceup with elbows bent 90-degrees by sides, feet flexed, and heels on top of step (bring hips close enough to step that knees line up over hips). Extend left leg as straight as possible to ceiling.
- BTighten abs and press elbows down into the floor to lift hips, driving left heel up towards ceiling. Lower hips to floor, only lightly tapping the ground before lifting back up. Complete all reps on the first side, then switch legs and repeat to complete the set.